Founder and Chairperson
Jaya Bhatnagar, an Intellectual Property Law Practitioner and a Registered Patent Attorney with the Indian Patent Office since 1997, was associated with one of India’s renowned IP Law Firm, Anand and Anand, Advocates. During her professional career, in 2005, she accomplished Partnership with the Firm and spearheaded the Designs Department of Anand and Anand, Advocates till January’ 2011.
Jaya possesses extensive experience in dealing with all aspects of Intellectual Property Rights. Emphasizing particularly to Patents and Industrial Designs, her practice areas involves rendering Infringement Opinions, Validity Analysis, Legal Interpretation, Legal Advisory including transactional work related to Patents, Trademark, Copyright and Industrial Designs.
She works with several large and medium sized companies for growth of their IP portfolio. Jaya also handles IP litigation matters before the Court of Law in India and other competent authorities. She represents her clients before the US, EP and Japanese Patent Office.
She has developed several tools to increase awareness and understanding of IP for business growth.
As Founder and Chairperson of SiebenIP, Jaya leads a team of individuals from different fields of technologies and cultures to develop the vision and initiate growth of the Firm. Jaya have in-depth knowledge of the future growth of IP market, in India and globally.
Specialties: Unique combination of IP expertise, management experience, leadership, IP valuation, IP management, marketing and promotion in the IP community, building and strategizing IP policies.
- Japan Institute for promoting Invention and Innovation ( JIPII)
- Bar Council of Delhi
- Registered Patent Attorney
Bachelor of Science
Bachelor of Law
Bachelor of Education
Diploma in IP
- Regular speaker in workshops conducted by TIFAC, ASSOCHAM, Medium and Small sized Enterprises.
- Speaker at FIIT- IIT symposium held at IIT
- Speaker at R. S. Sheshadari Memorial Lecture, Chennai
- Speaker at International LESI conference held in Manila, Philippines.
- “ Indian Designs Act 2000” in internal newsletter.
- Several articles in APIC Newsletter (Japan)
- “Patent Law in India” published in Mondaq Newsletter (ranked by Mondaq Newletter: the “MOST READ” article in 2007)
- “Data Exclusivity” (awarded the “Most Popular” article from India).
Attended National and International Seminars and Conferences focused on Intellectual Property Rights, organized by WIPO , FICCI, FICPI, INTA, LESI, APAA, AIPPI, JIII and Other Organizations